(Written by Jimmy Sorenson) If you are a parent of a young pre-teen or a school going teenager, this article is aimed at equipping you with the necessary information about the kind of after school or summer camps that will benefit your children the most.
Fortunately, the children of today have many more options and opportunities than you had at your time. For, after school programs are no longer confined to just sports, music, and dancing; they have new and advanced courses on the latest technologies that can help children with their careers, besides being major soft skill enhancers.
- Why Choose A Technology Class Over Traditional Courses?
Traditional courses like painting, drama, music, and dance are evergreen and will always remain a favorite among most children. But in the fast paced world of today where kids are required to prepare for their future right from their school days, they may not be sufficient in themselves. You need to add the latest dimensions to your child’s learning, which includes technological education in a major way.
In the age of science, children who master one or more technology tend to have an edge over children who don’t. In such a scenario, making your child take lessons is a very wise idea.
- Camp Learning Can Guide Your Child’s Career Plans
Many children like to experiment in different areas of study that they may or may not excel at. Letting your children get a practical learning experience in a summer camp will help her/him decide what she/he likes doing the most.
Kids can conveniently choose a combination of different subjects at most summer camps, so learning becomes non-monotonous and fun. And at the end of the camp your children will come out with a clear understanding of their inclinations.
This will help them decide their college courses and subsequent career goals in a more focused way.
- Popular Technological Courses at Summer Camps
Children choose their courses based on age and liking. Some courses that are most sought after nowadays are:
- Coding Languages – Languages like Java, Visual Basic, and .Net are popular choices among older children. These courses equip them with the basic knowledge of writing computer programs that they can use in their college as well as professional lives.
- Web Designing – Web designing is a trade that has gained huge demand owing to the e-commerce websites and social networking. There is an immense demand for competent web designers. Children who start learning the course at an early age will naturally be better off than their peers at university level.
- Game Design – A fun activity that video game lovers choose. This again has excellent market value.
- Ethical Hacking – A computer security tactic most big companies utilize.
- Android Application Creation – A big hit with kids with a bent for smartphones and tablets.
- MS Office and Basic Computing Skills – This one is for young kids in the age group of 8-12 who are learning the basic skills required to use computers to their advantage.
Whatever is your child’s age, there is a technology camp that would suit them best. Take an informed decision on what you want your child to learn, and do include him actively in it.
Jimmy Sorenson suggests parents to send their young kids to technology camps. Apart from helping kids develop a technical skill these camps help children decide their future career. A variety of tech camps are available today and children can choose any depending on their inclination. For more information on types of tech camps and their advantages visit iD Tech Computer Camps.